Friday, January 11, 2008

3 yr olds know freedom

When does recognition of freedom start? My 3 yr old has began justifying his place on earth by appropriately telling me that "I can do it by myself". Isn't it interesting that a 3 yr old understands that he has unlimited freedom if his government (Mom and Dad) would just let him pursue those freedoms? The challenge is that he learning that freedom comes with responsibility and that freedom doesn't mean inflicting harm on others (especially his little sister). Isn't that what we all want? Unlimited freedom, with just enough guidelines to not impose ourselves on others? Being a true Republican, means that the best government is the one that governs the least. Consequently, that is the candidate we should be looking for...the one that will let you decide how you want to run your life as he/she understands that your moral fiber is really what governs you. So I guess my and my wifes only objective is to provide the teachings of my 3 yr olds morality and let him find freedoms wings.

No comments: